Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wednesday, October 28, Update

Nancy and I spent some time on the telephone a few minutes ago getting an update from the nurse. Here is what we know this morning -- Carolyn had a good restful night and all of her vital signs remain constant. This is all positive. We are learning that small gains are very important and the restful night was a small gain.

Today they will begin to bring her out of the medically induced coma. This will be done slowly and her nurse and respiratory therapist will monitor how she behaves to the tubes that are still in her throat.

I apologize for some bad information in the post yesterday late afternoon. I said one of the next steps was to get her up and walking. When the nurse told me "get her up" I assumed that she meant -- out of bed and walking when in reality she meant have her sit up. The bed she is in now can be turned into a reclining chair. She will not be leaving her bed, but she will be put in a position where she is sitting upright. This activity will be monitored by how much she coughs. At this point too much coughing is not good.

Again, everyone thanks for your love and concern. As a family we are convinced that all of your faith and prayers in her behalf is one of reasons Carolyn continues to get better. Not to mention that she is being cared for by world-class medical people using world-class methods and technologies.

We love all of you and pray for you.

Val and Nancy

10 comments:

  1. Good Morning Judd Family
    I'm so glad to hear that she's continuing. Baby steps are still steps in the right direction, praise God! Bless her heart. I pray today that she continues to be okay and does well with the awaking so they can continue to bring her out. Bless her heart. I love you BUNCHES of OATS Carolyn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Leslie, Janae's friend. I wish you all God Speed and pray for what the Father has in store for all of you. You are such a loving, supportive family. Give Janae a hug for me, I miss her and love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I check this blog about four times a day -- thank you so much for the updates! Every step, even baby steps, in the right direction put dear Carolyn closer to the top of the mountain. The Wilhelmsens are cheering for her and for all of you. Mary calls me on her breaks from work every day to find out "the latest." We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can not tell you the joy in my heart as I read the post from this morning. We will continue to pray that all of the small steps continue in the right direction as well as strength for your family. Thank you for keeping us up to speed God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy and Val,

    We are all monitoring every bit of information thru Shaun. We are so thrilled for her progress, and continue to pray for her complete recovery. We have also been worried about both of you. I told Shaun that the girls should sing to her. There is such healing in music and your girls have voices like angels. We love you. Deanne and Gary

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am praying very hard for her. I want to thank you for the updates on Carolyn. Me and my roommates are praying and rooting her on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such wonderful news! You guys must be so excited to greet her when she wakes from her coma. Thanks you for the updates. Hope to continue to hear great news!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Slow and steady progress, thats great news, we are checking up on her regularly. Will continue to offer up prayers for all of you. All our love The Burrows Family xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Judd family
    Its so good to get all your updates and to know that slowly slowly things are stabilising I added Carolyn to the Temple Prayer roll here at London England Temple, I pass the temple on my way to work and knew that the more people that are praying for our lovely Sister the better. Stay strong and keep safe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi i would just like to say i am so happy that carolyn is pulling through this illness.
    Carolyn was an still is a great example to my family! She served in our small ward (crosby) whilst on her mission an became a great friend to me an my younger sister! I remember the christmas that she spent at our house she turned up for breakfast in her all in one pjs which matched her companies! Carolyn is such a great person an will slowly but surly return to her bubbly self.
    We continue to pray for her an your family an thank you so much for this blog that you are doin so that her friends who live so far away know what is happening. All our love the Cochran family (an the cains)

    ReplyDelete