Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Prayers are being answered...

I just want to give a quick update about how Carolyn is doing. My Dad called the hospital around 1:00pm today to See how everything was going. Gena, the nurse told him that she had been on her back for 7 hours and stayed stable with her oxygen levels. So.....druM roLL PLeAse.....They were taking her off the special bed and putting her in a NORMAL hospital bed. She is still on her ventilator that is assisting her with breathing. We are hoping, with fingers crossed, that they will start taking her out of the medical induced sedation tomorrow and she can hopefully start some physical therapy to get her moving again.

Now with all of this being said, this would never have happened without the prayers and support that each and everyone of you have given on behalf of her. I can't begin to tell how much humility our family has felt with the love and support we have received. This journey is FAR from being over, but we've turned a corner!

WE LOVE YOU ALL!

~Ashley

5 comments:

  1. Thumbs up for all her fighting! This is really good news! Oh Carolyn you are making me so proud, I can´t stop crying right now, tears of happines for all your progress. I love you girl. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what wonderful news! Carolyn, you are such a sweetheart and so much fun! I'm so glad to call you my friend. As always you will be in my prayers, and I'll cross all my fingers as well that you can wake up in the next few days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! We knew she was strong enough to pull through this! Congrats! That is such exciting news. Keep us updated, I'm excited to know when she will be awake. We love you Carolyn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is by far the best news I've heard all day! Congratulations Carolyn and family! She is so strong! You'll continue to be in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea!!!! I am so happy to hear this. Y'all have been in my thoughts and prayers. Love you guys!!!

    Summer :)

    ReplyDelete