Saturday, October 31, 2009

Saturday, October 31 (Update)

This morning I have visited with the nurse and the Doctor who is on call at the hospital. The message I received from them is not much different than what I have been giving you the past three days. She is not losing ground, but she is not gaining ground very fast either. The Dr. summarized it when he suggested that she has "hit a plateau".

Given this news and having faith that Christ can help her move from the plateau I have asked my family to fast again tomorrow for her. Should you be so inclined we would love to have you join us.

I am grateful for the restored Gospel that provides so much opportunity to help us "carry one anothers burdens". Thanks for your love, concern and prayers in Caroly's behalf.

Val

5 comments:

  1. She will get there, I just know she will make this!
    We just have to be patient, and let her take all the time she needs.
    I can not imagine how much you want her to just wake up and be back, and have her walking around singing again. But in time, she will!

    Carolyn, be strong. Keep going. I love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fasting and praying for all of you! xoxoxx Janae's friend ~Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so grateful for the updates on Carolyn, we are just sorry that we can't be there for you in person and take a turn at the hospital. Your family are in our thoughts and prayers and will be included in our fast tomorrow. Even Eve who moans every month when we mention fast has offered to fast for you all tomorrow. Many testimonies will grow through your trials, your daughter was a great missionary and her missionary work is still going on even at this difficult time. Thanks for the strength you bring into our lives and for your huge Testimony of the Gospel. Thank you also for raising such a wonderful daughter as Carolyn and for allowing her to serve the Lord in England. We love you all and pray that the small steps she takes will return her to full strength and health. Lots of Love Andy & Carolanne and the rest of the Burrows Gang.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will definitely fast for Carolyn, Val, and your entire family. Thank you for letting us know. I have been somewhat sick this week and so have not been able to stop by at the hospital to visit. Please know, however, that you all are in our prayers. Please let us know if there is something we can do.

    Mindy Judd Pearson

    ReplyDelete
  5. I added her name to the Temple's Prayer Roll again on Saturday ... I am so glad to hear all the updates on her progress :-)

    ReplyDelete