Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thursday, Oct. 29 (AM) Update

Yesterday I reported that the nurse had her sitting up. She was able to stay in that condition for about 1/2 hour. She had some gagging and coughing. When this occurs they ever so slightly increase her sedation.

I have talked with the nurse twice this morning. Here is what I have learned from the nurse:
* Her vital signs remain stable.
* She has a slightly elevated fever and they working to get that under control.
* She slept soundly through the night.
* They are slowly lowering the sedation.
* The doctor is satisfied with her progress.
* The x-ray today showed slightly more clearing of the pneumonia from her lungs.

Again, thanks to everyone for you faith and prayers.

Nancy and her sister Ashley are just getting ready to go to the hospital. Ashley will be flying back home to Arizona this afternoon. Remember (and the nurses constantly remind us of this) we are measuring progress in baby steps (millimeters). I say this more for myself than anyone else, because I would like to see faster, greater progress. No doubt my personal refinement out of this trial is the development of greater patience.

We love all of you and pray for you.

Val and Nancy

11 comments:

  1. The progress may be small, but it is still there. Faith in God above is what has gotten it there. Thank you for keeping us updated, and for staying so positive in such a hard time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The report sounds promising. I especially like the fact that the pneumonia continues to clear. As this is going to be a long recovery, you are going to need replacements ocassionally at the hospital to be with Carolyn while you take a break. I would love to come and sit with Carolyn! Please don't hesitate to call me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every step is a good step! I think about you all the time sweetheart! Keep fighting, and stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been following Carolyns progress and I am so grateful to you all for keeping us so well informed. Love you all and will continue to keep you and especially Carolyn in my prayers

    Sue Whalley. Burnley UK xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just glad to hear she is stable and improving. I'll wait forever if we need to for her to get well just as long as she's going to be okay. Bless her. Bless you all. Carolyn, I love you bunches of oats and everyone here is still pulling and praying for her every moment. Every morning I walk into work, everyone's first question is how you are doing. I have many twitters, emails, myspace, and facebook questions asking how you are too. I just keep telling everyone that we are grateful for every day and that they just can pray. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carolyn, Pat and Carol Armga are praying for you. May your body be strong so it can fight off the infection and those things that are causing your illness. We also pray for your family that they will be blessed with strength and comfort. You name has been added to the prayer roll of seven temples. Pray is powerful and does make a difference.
    Carol Armga

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I continue to pray that Carolyn's inner strength and faith continues to heal her. I also pray that her family continues to have safe journeys to and from their homes while they care and watch over Carolyn. May thousands of angels continue to give you all comfort and strength. God is doing great things here

    ReplyDelete
  9. As I read your updates and the comments and posts from concerned friends, I've been considering the important lessons Carolyn is teaching all of us through this experience. I know my own heart has been changed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad to hear that she is recovering, slowly, but still recovering. Thank you so much for the updates. People who don't even know Carolyn or any of the family keep asking me how she is doing. You are in hundreds of prayers. We love you and are constantly thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so glad to hear that she is slowly progressing!! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete