Monday, October 26, 2009

"I just wanted to see her face"

2:22 pm
I was just in with Carolyn. They had her on her back for a few minutes. I could see her face, her beautiful, VERY swollen face. While there, Phil walked in (Phil is Carolyn’s primary respiratory therapist). He said, I just wanted to see her face.” I noticed that Phil wasn’t in his hospital scrubs, but in jeans & a regular shirt. I asked Phil if it was his day off, sure enough, it IS Phil’s day off. He came in just because he wanted to see her face”. I’m sure Phil could have been anywhere, doing the laundry list of things I’m sure he needed to do today. I realized that at some time, some hour, some minute, that Phil & his staff quit looking at Carolyn as a lifeless body, just laying there & started looking at her as a person with a name, a young woman with loves & talents, a life outside of here, as a daughter of God. That Carolyn’s “care staff” really does care, they genuinely care for her, in every sense of the word. That they aren’t just here to collect a pay check, but also because they want to save lives, to save Carolyn’s life. This brings me & my family great comfort. She is in the BEST place she could be! We are SO thankful for Phil & the nursing staff!
As you pray for Carolyn & my family, please also include these people that are caring for Carolyn. They need our prayers too.
love to all,
Karen

5 comments:

  1. They are also in our deepest of prayers that they are blessed for helping save Carolyn and for all of their hard work and heart going into this. What a blessing to know that she is under the care of people who truly do care about if she lives or dies. God bless them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. carolyn was the sweetest, kindist, most wonderful young woman. there was always a smile on her face and a laugh in her voice. she would always be willing to give the shrit off her back,she cared so much.
    Carolyn, you are a fighter, you can beat this, don't give up, you can't give up, you won't give up, you are strong and I won't give up on you.
    Carolyn, you are in my prayers, don't give up, come back to us soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolyn, you have been in my prayers everyday since I have heard. Thankfully Erin called to let me know.
    I just wanted you to know that you have been on my mind and that I have been thinking of you. I know that you are a fighter! You are one of the strongest people I know.
    Thank goodness for the care that she is receiving. If she could speak, she would tell you how incredibly grateful she is for it. Thank you!!
    My prayers are with you and your family. Continue to be strong!
    I love you!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me cry...keep fighting Carolyn! We all want to see your face!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband and I knew Carolyn in high school, and we are praying for her every night, and wish her the best. I know the Lord will take care of her.

    ReplyDelete