Saturday, October 24, 2009

Here is what's going on....

This blog is created to journal the journey of what my sweet sister, Carolyn Jerusha Judd is going through, for posterity and for those who want to keep current with her condition. Carolyn has been struggling with bronchitis. The bronchitis worsened and became pneumonia. Last week we thought the pneumonia was under control and all of a sudden everything worsened. Carolyn was tested and found positive for the H1N1 virus.

Carolyn has been staying with my parents while she has been sick. Late yesterday afternoon my mother took Carolyn to the emergency room at American Fork Hospital, as she was having problems breathing. She was admitted to the hospital and soon to ICU. Carolyn had 24 observation and in the morning the doctors decided that she wasn't able to breathe on her own, nor did they have the equipment care for her properly. She was brought to Utah Regional Medical Center where she was put on a ventilator to help her breathe.

At this point, we were not sure how much time she had and/or id she was going to make it. We as a family have come together. Ashley (me) has flown up from Phoenix, and Janae will be here in a couple hours from Colorado. Mckay our brother, is waiting a couple days to see how things go.

There are 140 special beds that are made for people who are in critical respiratory problems. This bed is made to rotate so that the fluid in the persons system is moving through out the body and the fluid won't stay dormant. There are 3 of these special beds in Utah. Carolyn was BLESSED to get the last of the 3 beds. This bed is saving her life. Since she has been in her stats have gone up. This bed is what's keeping her alive.

I will write more later.

11 comments:

  1. We will be thinking of you guys. Please let me know if there is any way that I can help out. We love your family and wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. little cutie, all my thoughts are with you and your family right now. love you loads girlie and know you're a fighter that can get through this. -tonje

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I was an EFY counselor with Carolyn. We carpooled down to the Las Vegas session together. She is an amazing girl! Your family and particularly Carolyn will be in my prayers. Stay stong! She's blessed to have such an amazing family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If there is anything we can do, we're here. I live in WA state but worked w/ Carolyn at the American Adventure in WDW. We had our ups and downs in friendship but to me she was always a "sister from another Mr" as she would say. My heart is breaking for your family as she's such a light that I hope will never dim. Stay strong Carolyn and family!! Our deepest prayers are with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've started a fast for Carolyn and your family. I already have thirty friends joining me. If you'd like to join us, we'll be fasting tomorrow, Sunday the 25th.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry your family is going through this. You all will be in our prayers. Alisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. so sorry to hear abot carolyn she served in my ward when on her mission she is a friend for life!! Your family are in our thoughts an prayers.
    the Cain family (crosby ward UK)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our heart's join with your's in praying for Juddy (our own obvious affectionate name). Kinetic therapy works, it'll stop further complications. Lea Ferrar

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carolyn was an exceptional friend to me whilst on her mission in Burnley, UK. She supported me and my family emotionally when I was going through the thick of it. I love her and miss her terribly. I'll be praying and sending out thoughts of love.

    Patricia and Lydia Calland xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carolyn my thoughts and prayers are speeding across the Atlantic , my strength flows to you as you gave me strength when you visited my home. You are a special person and the Lord has blessed everyone of us who knows you by bringing you into our lives - stay safe my friend all my love Kate Marks - England

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love you, Carolyn! I just wanted to remind you that the Rangers never ever lost. They always always win. Expecially the Pink one. Love you!
    Melanie Parry

    ReplyDelete