Sunday, November 1, 2009

Sunday, November 1 Update (Noon)

I apologize for not getting this post up sooner -- I overdid it yesterday myself and I had trouble getting up this morning. This was despite the fact that I fully intended on going to Sacrament Meeting today.

Carolyn is now sitting up more and she is more alert. Her x-rays showed a little improvement. The nurse told me this is the last thing that will begin to improve. Again, I need to be patient. The lab results from her last culture continues to look good. She is still fighting a temperature.

Nancy is at the hospital and Carolyn is sleeping soundly. The nurse gave me some good news and some bad new -- the bad news there are four patients in the Intensive Care Unit that are really sick with the H1N1 flu and Carolyn is the one of them -- the good news is that of the four she is the healthiest.

Val and Nancy

6 comments:

  1. Mr. Judd, you never need to apologize for posting sooner or later. We appreciate them so very much but you all need your rest as well. Bless your hearts for doing this even with your health currently. It's truly amazing to watch you all and how strong you are.

    My heart goes out to everyone in the hospital but I will say I am thankful that Carolyn is doing the best. I am glad everyday to read about what steps she's taken today. Each step is the world.

    God bless you all and Carolyn, I love you Bunches of Oats. Be safe all of you in your travels to and from the hospital, your homes, and wherever the Lord takes you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn,
    It was great to visit you yesterday with your mom. To see you smile when I mentioned your roommates by name was truly the highlight of the day. I am at your apartment right now and they also smiled when I told them of the experience.
    Your ward continues to pray for you and looks forward to your return to the ward.
    WE LOVE YOU<
    Bishop Henley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolyn,
    I miss being there with you. I wish I could be there for just a squeeze of your hand. I am so excited about your progress and look forward to when you get through this yucky time to come down here. Zoe said to me the other day that she wishes you would be here so that we could all go to Twighlight together! I have some BlueBell homemade vanilla waiting for you! love you kiddo!

    ~Shlee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carolyn- I miss you terribly and I am so glad that you improving. When Bishop came by telling about his visit with you on Saturday, my eyes watered when he said you smiled. What a joy it was and the highlight of my day, just even hearing about it! Love you Carolyn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carolyn,

    I'm so glad to hear that you're getting better every day! We're still praying for you and your family. I have some friends in Provo, fellow EFY couselors, but none who worked with us in Vegas, who want to visit you, would that be alright? You don't know them, but they have been praying for you and are always asking how you are doing. I'm not sure if that would be allowed or too stressful. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carolyn and Family-

    I found your blog this morning while I was unable to sleep. My father is currently in very much the same situation – I know exactly what you are going through. I'll keep you in my thoughts as I continue to go through the days, waiting...

    -Michael

    ReplyDelete