Tuesday, November 3, 2009

When It Rains It Pours

Nancy here-

Last night our daughter Heidi called and she had taken Shaun down to ‘Urgent Care.’ He had the chills all day yesterday and stayed home from work. Good thing because he tested positive for the H1N1 flu and is in the contagious stage. Shaun has written several posts here on the blog and was down at the hospital on Halloween Night reading and singing to Carolyn so I could be home with Val to help Val. Shaun is a very kind, gentle giant of a man who truly exemplifies being a desciple of Christ. We are just sick that he has gotten this. We hope and pray that he doesn’t get a secondary infection like pneumonia. We don’t want him in the same state as Carolyn. PLEASE include Shaun in your prayers. I KNOW the Lord hears and answers prayers. I have had a testimony of this since I was a small child. And I KNOW He has heard and answered all of yours and our prayers concerning our precious daughter Carolyn. She has been miracuriously blessed from these prayers. And the hospital staff has literally been an instrument in His hands to help make her well.

There are others who have this dreaded disease with complications. imichael.org has commented on our blog that his father was just put in the rotobed and too is deathly ill. I don’t know who he is but PLEASE pray for this man’s father too. Also there are two more patients in ICU that our on the rotobed. One is a husband to a wonderful lady who we met in the ICU lounge lobby. Debbie was by herself and joined our ‘camp’ the first several days that our whole family was waiting worried sick for Carolyn. Debbie’s husband had been in the rotobed 8 days and then they took him out. Well another week has gone by and he just isn’t making it on his own so they just put him back in it yesterday. They question if he will make it. My heart goes out to Debbie. She doesn’t have the wonderful support system like we have. PLEASE remember him too in your prayers.

As most of our family (accept two at a time in with Carolyn) sat in that special almost sacred ICU lounge those first few days, there were several other families also there fearful for their ICU’ed love ones. We all became instant friends as we shared our stories, fears and hope and empathizing with each other. All praying and hoping beyond hope for positive outcomes. I know the Savior walks the halls of these hospitals giving sustenance to each and every patient and their families for he loves them all as he loves us. How GRATEFUL I am for Him. I once again reiterate my testimony that HE LIVES, yes I KNOW THAT OUR REDEMEER LIVES.

And I say this in his Sacred Name, Jesus Christ, Amen.

Our love and gratitude to you all.

Nancy

2 comments:

  1. I am so encouraged with Carolyns progress. When I first came to this blog site and saw the comments and pictures I was beside myself. I had seen those settings before, and not so long ago.
    Carolyn, you have the genes of two very tough families coursing through your soul. When I asked your mom how she was doing, she said you just keep on going, never giving up. Those three words, NEVER GIVING UP are the words of the battle you are fighting. As you come through this and look back on what has happened you will see that emotional and spiritual thread wending its way through yours, your family's, and your true friends words and actions. NEVER GIVE UP! And they won't.
    Father is with you my sweet niece. The prayers from all of us who are concerned for you is being heard as is most specifically yours. That connection with the Holy Ghost along with your tenacious will to live will pull you through. (along with your family reaching through the hole, grabbing on, and helping you pull.I can even hear them grunt.) You will make it! Uncle Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about Shaun and will indeed keep him in my thoughts and prayers. I am astonished that this burden has been added to those you are already carrying -- keeping you all close at heart.

    The news about Carolyn is so encouraging! I can imagine how beautiful every little smile and every soft word she utters are to you all right now.

    I appreciate your sharing the circumstances of the other families with loved ones in the ICU. For whatever reason, you've been placed together in a small but elect "club" -- these families truly understand the journey you're taking right now, as you understand and support them in theirs.

    ReplyDelete