Thursday, November 5, 2009

November 5 -- Update

Carolyn continues to improve. She has an IV in her again. This one puts a saline solution into her system so that she will not dehyderate. She continues, with the help of Physical therapist and reablilitation Dr., walk a little more each time they get her up.

Her sister, Karen, helped her with a shower and with washing her hair yesterday. This was a real boost to Carolyn.

When we talked with the nurse this morning we found that she had slept well last night. During the day she is mostly awake although there are times when she gets tired and will doze for a few minutes.
Nancy and I are waiting for the Dr. to call this morning. One of the questions we have relates to how the pneumonia that is still in her lungs is progressing (leaving) her system.

She is still very picky in her eating. This morning she had one half a slice to toast, a half of banana and most of a can of soda. (The soda is baffling, she really drinks it and she never drinks orange or grape--which is what she asked for).

Thanks, again for everything you are doing to help us through this.

Val (and Nancy)

5 comments:

  1. go go go carolyn!!! You can do it. You're doing it now! Keep getting better! wahooooo!

    that's my cheer.
    It'd be better in person with pompoms, but you know, you do what you can. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny about the new soda addiction. I wonder if the fizzy helps with her throat from the tubes being down it. I'm so happy your getting better Carolyn. I know you hate being in the hospital but just know soon you will be out and well 100% again.

    I love you Bunches of Oats!! Keep going strong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, Carolyn. I am so pleased to read todays blog. You are such a strong person. I've been praying for you everyday and you know that's an achievement for me. Lol. There's now a reason I must overcome the fear of flying, and save. If there was ever an example of Heavenly Father answering our prayers then your recovery is it. We love you so much and so proud of you. We feel blessed to have met you and have you as a friend in our lives.
    Missing you,
    Patricia and Lydia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go girl! I am so proud of what you have done! What a strong girl you are! I am jumping up and down, cause I am so happy you are getting better. I watched brother bear yesterday, "you know, I don´t speak bear" ;)
    Love you sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Each day I look forward to reading your blog to see how you are doing. I don't know you, yet the more I read about you the more I feel like I do. I was very excited to read today that you are continuing to improve. Keep up the good work! I will continue to pray, you please continue to fight! I'm sure your family can hardly wait until you're well again and can go home.

    Best Regards Carolyn,
    Kathy A friend (unfortunately one you have never met) from Oregon
    xx

    kathyp_22@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete