Wednesday, November 4, 2009

She's Awake.....

Since my own family is suffering from H1N1 now, I went to a required district administrative meeting this morning and then decided to come home to take care of the family, but stopped to see Carolyn first.... I haven't seen her since she "woke up."

Every time I have seen her, she has been "asleep." I guess I've become accustomed to this because I wasn't sure what to expect, as it was hard to believe she was alert (relatively speaking) and awake. The first thing she said to me wasn't "hello," but, "You aren't mom...." In my sarcastic way I questioned her, "Really? Who am I?" She actually had to think about it.... It was fun messing with her mind a little, as she is still trying to figure things out, but she doesn't realize how GRATEFUL I am to see her alive and coming around slowly. She is more beautiful now than ever (if that is even possible).

The top 10 ways you KNOW Carolyn is coming around when.....

10. She is bored too death in the hospital and wants to know when she can get out.
9. She is proud that she got her oldest sister to subject herself to listening to Veggietale songs.
8. She realizes she wasn't in a car accident, but was really sick.
7. She laughs at corny jokes and sarcastic comments....including that she didn't know she was on a roto-bed (what my sisters have called, "Disney's $50K ride").
6. She wants "real" food, not hospital food.
5. She remembers how to use a cell phone without even thinking about it.
4. She asks for lotion to moisturize her toes.
3. She asks how many days until the next "Twilight" movie will be in the box office and had she missed the premiere.
2. She is starting to realize that so many people are not only thinking about her, but praying and fasting for her (I don't think that one has quite sank in yet...)
1. She realizes she is ALIVE!!!

Thank you so much for your prayers, fasting, and love. Our family is truly overwhelmed by the Spirit of hope and love we have felt in the last week and a half. God hears and answers prayers...Carolyn is a LIVING example of this!

~Heidi

7 comments:

  1. I am so thankful to hear that she's alert. We'll continue to pray that she makes a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi, I really hope that your Shaun is feeling much better by now. My love to you both. This is such a wonderful day. I am so grateful to hear the news that Carolyn is awake. That she can speak, even a little. I have been catching up on all the stuff written in last day or two. You are just such an incredable family, and my admiration just grows each day. One day,I will meet up with you all, but heck, I got to save for that. But it will happen. Please, when you speak to that beautiful girl, give her my love. Yvonne(cornwall,uk)

    ReplyDelete
  3. God definitely is so awesome! And now Carolyn is a proven fact that miracles definitely do happen! Continuing to pray like crazy for her full recovery!

    Best Regards, From Kathy your friend in Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  4. My prayers are with Shaun!! I hope he recovers well from this yuck.

    I love you Bunches of Oats Carolyn! Having Pizza tonight just for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha ... I love the top 10 list especially number 3 :-)

    Let me know when you can have visitors and I will smuggle you some Pizza and Grape Soda

    I am so glad you are coming back to us. I know the Lord loves you and wants you home, but I am glad he is letting us keep you a little longer and hopefully a lot longer ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely wonderful and a relief for all of us Sanchezs' to hear! thank you so much for the wonderful and hopeful report! Tell Carolyn we love her!
    Sure you love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad you are back sweetie! Hoping for Shaun to get well soon to!

    Stay strong for the rest of your recovery :) I love you

    ReplyDelete