Monday, November 2, 2009

MAJOR BREAK THROUGH!!!!!

Monday, November 02, 2009 AM

From Nancy

I was just finishing writing this and the nurse called. They JUST REMOVED THE HUGE TUBE DOWN HER THROAT that helped her breathe. When she tries to talk it only comes out as a whisper. The FIRST thing she asked for was some small crushed ice. Her room is no longer considered quarantined so we will not have to put on gowns, gloves and masks.

We appreciate your comments SO MUCH and Carolyn will TREASURE them when she is through all of this. Your comments to her here on this blog mean so much as I read them to her. She is now awake enough to actually listen and understand. And they will mean so much to her when she’s finally well. It’s like you have personally visited without actually being there.

Someone asked if a group could visit Carolyn and unfortunately she is still entirely too sick to have ‘visitors.’ Hopefully soon (in the next few days) she will be out of ICU. She’ll then go into ‘Immediate Care’ but then it will be questionable too. Believe me when she IS ready to have visitors we will let you all know. But it won’t be for awhile. But thank you for your support I know this will mean a lot to Carolyn. Also in ICU only immediate family is allowed and occasionally her Bishop.

Carolyn still has tubes down her throat plus others out her nose plus multiple lines pumping medicine into her arms. They took the huge port out of her neck a few days ago and put them all in her arms.

When Val says she ‘sits up’ it means that the bed is at a slightly higher angle than normal. But it’s not like what the rest of us do normally like sitting up in a chair.

She tries to smile a bit …not like a big huge smile but just a little as these tubes prevent her from moving her lips. And she can slightly turn her head to say no or yes. Her eyes, her beautiful eyes tell it all. The physical therapist comes in twice a day and gets her arms and legs moving a bit. He has her ‘push’ against his hand or arm with her foot or hands and she seems to be doing better at it each day.

Her lungs are still inflamed and full of pneumonia. With that said she’s still slowly improving.


How GRATEFUL we are to you all. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU from our hearts for your prayers, love and concern not only for Carolyn but our family as well. It has meant so much to all of us.

Much, much love to you ALL,

Nancy

14 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the wonderful update. What a wonderful way to start the beginning of the work week!! Tears of joy are brimming in my eyes. This is something to rejoice!! My prayers continue for Carolyn and all of your family. Tell her to take her time and not to over do it. :) We love her and want her completely healed. She can have pizza again soon enough. Love to you all, KH (KP's Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was an excellent way to start the work week. I'm so glad she's moving along again. Maybe she just needed the weekend to rest a little. :) Carolyn, I love you BUNCHES OF OATS!!!! I'm so glad you're coming along. And thank you Judd family for being so strong to keep us all updated as things go along. It truly is giving the sense that we're there and holding onto Carolyn and telling her it will be okay. Once you're well, I'd love to come see you. I know it will be some time, but I'll be down there ASAP once you're clear. Get some rest and take it easy. You're going forward stronger then ever but we want to make sure you continue that way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad she's making progress. Carolyn is in my ward and we've all been praying for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great start of the week. This is wonderful! I bet she has the crunched ice from her mum.
    Keep up the good work! love you lots girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yay! This will probably be the first and only time I'll be going to my history class happy! You're doing great Carolyn! Keep up the hard work! We love you!!!!!


    p.s. some of my EFY participants from this past summer, 2009, heard about your situation and put together a fast for today. Not only are all twelve of those girls fasting for you, but their families, roommates, and friends as well. I was completely touched that they would do that and I knew that you would be too. Isn't EFY amazing?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful news! Way to go Carolyn!!!!!! She's so hard core. :) Let her know we've been praying for her daily.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margaret! I am so happy! Jolley and I came to the hospital as soon as we found out just over a week ago. I miss you and couldn't be more extatic at this news! Seriously! As soon as you are able to get visitors, Jolley and I are there! We're biting at the bit to see you. I love you. Keep up the healing. -Hads

    ReplyDelete
  8. FANTASTIC news! I am so happy that she is progressing. You are amazing Carolyn.:) What a happy way to start a Monday. :)

    Love

    Jessica Knox:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carolyn, I was so happy to read what your parents have written today. I'm so proud to call you one of my friends. You're so strong and beautiful. Every small bit of progress you make inspires me. I love you so much and when you're eventually ready there will definitely be a Heat on the way. In the meantime I'll send you some pics of Lydia. I would send some of me but I don't think the plane can take the weight *laughs*! You are so loved in this house and I've even asked all my non church friends to pray for you and they agreed. We miss you and love you lots.

    Patricia and Lydia, Burnley UK.xxx

    PS I only put the Burnley bit for your family, I know you know who we are. Big hugs. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carolyn;
    We are so happy to hear the good news. Our prayers are with you and we will fast again this week in your behalf and in behalf of your wonderful family. Be peaceful and let the Lord and your spirit work to heal your physical body so you can be up and doing all the good things that bless others.
    Sure love you, the Sanchez Tribe

    ReplyDelete
  11. We were thinking about Carolyn all day yesterday, realizing she was the focus of another special day of fasting. We are so happy to hear she is on her way out of the immense danger. I am sure there will be many days of healing ahead, but knowing carolyn she will do in the attitude of graceful peace. We feel bad not to be there, but hope you feel our love--to all of you. Deanne and Gary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!! I'm so happy to hear this news. The story of Carolyn and her progress is keeping me strong through our struggle with my father who is in day four of ICU with this horrible disease. He was just put on the Roto-Bed this morning, and we are doing our best to stay positive and keep our hopes up.

    Please keep my Dad and our family in your thoughts and prayers - and we will keep you in ours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so happy!!!! What great news! She has been in my thouhts and prayers. We will continue to keep you guys in our prayers and we love her!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so glad to hear that she is improving. Please give her a big hug and love from our family. We continue to keep her and your family in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete