Monday, November 2, 2009

November 2, Update

Today has been a good day. Nancy explained that they took out the tube that was in her throat. She tries to talk but she can only whisper. She does not remember anything that has happened. In fact she will ask us a question and then a few minutes later she will ask the same questions again. This is okay, this is just one of the baby steps. The therapists (two holding her up) had her out of bed today and helped her walk a few steps. We are so excited about the progress she is making.

She will go from the Intensive Care Unit to an Intermediate Care Unit and from there she will be taken to a Rehabilitation Unit. We have been told she will moved to the Intermediate Care Unit in the next few days.

It is interesting that this major progress happened within hours after all who desired had fasted and prayed for her. This is a great testimony to me of the tender mercys of a loving Heavenly Father. I am convinced that to this point (and I am sure we will continue to be) Carolyn, Nancy, myself and our family have been carried on the shoulders of the Savior through the marvelous enabling powers of the atonement. Lastly we are convinced that the hospital staff have been the recipients of the inspiration powers from Heaven.

We love all of you are grateful for all you have done and are doing to bless Carolyn.

Val and Nancy

2 comments:

  1. Dad,
    We are blessed to have Carolyn alive. It is hard to believe that just a week ago, we were praying for her life and look where she is? However, the fact that she does not remember the 16 Veggietale songs I had to endure listening to with her is a tragedy, I say.... tragedy! We know the Power of Angels and are just grateful for her and the love she brings into our lives. I am looking forward to seeing her tomorrow!

    ~H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Val and Nancy, I hope you dont mind me calling you that instead of Brother and Sister Judd, but I just feel as if I know you from reading all you write. I am so grateful to hear how Carolyn is doing. I have missed a couple of days, as I was not so wellJust a migraine,so am fine, so my first thought was, how is Carolyn. This is so wonderful news. I know there is a long way to go, but just to know there is so much improvement is so uplifting. Bless her heart, she is so incredable.
    Well, this has made me decide I will not wait for Carolyn to come over to Cornwall next year. Guess I best start planning to come out there to see her. I did say I would try, so now, I will do it, for sure. Late spring. In the meantime,please will you give her a hug from me, and tell her i love her. My love to you all,Yvonne

    ReplyDelete