Friday, November 6, 2009

She's Home! She's Home! She's Home!!!!!

Nancy Here-

Can you believe that! When the Doctor called about 10am and said she was doing great and I could come down and pick her up and bring her home I thought he was joking. I was on my way down to spend the day and evening with her. I had to turn around and go home and get her clothes.

As I drove to the hospital my heart was overflowing with gratitude for all the tender mercies of the Lord to Carolyn and our family. I cannot put into words the glorious feelings of my heart. The humility I feel, the love. I am overwhelmed with gratitude.

At the hospital we got her dressed and all her stuff loaded on a cart and instructions from the nurses. We then went down (her in a wheelchair) to ICU because the ICU Staff asked if when she left she would come say goodbye to them. When we walked through the doors and her nurse of many days Barb saw her she couldn't believe it. She said there was NO Way she could be going home that she only left the ICU on Tuesday. Other nurses who attended her came over, her wonderful Dr. came over and finally Phil. I cried when I saw Phil and they all had tears when they saw her. Carolyn was all smiles and so were they. I cried in gratitude and thanked them profusely for being the instruments in the Lord's hand to save her life. Today was a huge PAYDAY for them. NOT in monetary terms but to see their beautiful patient who was literally on deaths door, healthy enough to go home And they were such an intrical part of it. To see their faces as they looked at Carolyn was an amazing and humbling sight. I only wish I had taken a picture so that I could share it with you. It was one of the most beautifl scenes of my entire life. To see my daughter alive and well with the people who lovingly cared for her as if she were their own daughter. There are not words to describe it. (Here I am sobbing as I'm trying to write this and I can't find a tissue.) Her Dr. pushed her wheelchair over to a Rotobed in one of the ICU rooms who had a patient in it so she could see first hand this lifesaving bed. They briefly told her about it and of their many cares and concerns for her. They told her how they kept the room cold and windows open to help bring down her fever. And many, many other little incidents in her slow progression of getting well. Baby steps, yes babysteps. This is one of the happiest days of my life.

She is tired but is on her laptop reading her blog and the comments. I started her at the beginning. She is now as I write just learning about this great spiritual journey of her life.

The Next Few Weeks

We have emptied out everything in what I call the 'music room' here on the first floor of our house to make it a bedroom for Carolyn for the next few weeks. She is not to climb the stairs to her bedroom for two weeks. She has to be on the first floor. She is to get as much rest as she can.They want her to come back for speech and occupational therapy starting next week. And she has to have someone with her 24/7 for the next two weeks. She walks OK but still is very weak.She remembers yesterday but not before that or while she's been in the comatose state. She does remember me taking her to the American Fork Emergency Room 2 weeks ago, going into the ICU there and the blessing given to her by her brothers in law and that's pretty much it. She had and still has so much medication in her system that the Dr. says it will be awhile before it dissapates from her body. And she still has a cough which is good to get the phlem out of the lungs. She still has to breathe in these devices they sent home with her every two hours. This will help the lungs heal.

But She's Home, Alive and getting better still. We are so grateful to all of you for your faith and prayers for her and in our behalf. We are so grateful to a kind and loving Father, and his Son, Jesus Christ, our Saviour and Redeemer. This is a Glorious Day for us ALL.

Much, Much love to you all - family and all of you dear friends who have read the blog and those who have commented here, on facebook and emails. ALL OF YOU have now become part of our family.

From My heart,

Nancy

13 comments:

  1. Nancy, Val, Carolyn, and all of the wonderful Judds,

    I can't tell you how happy I am for all of you. Nancy, I can just picture the joy on the doctors faces as they said goodbye to Carolyn! This has been an amazing two weeks- you'd never want to repeat it- but it's certainly been a time of increased faith, family unity, and miracles. There is no doubt the Lord is mindful of each one of us. Thank you all for taking the time to share the day to day progress with all those who love Carolyn. I'm sure it's been somewhat of a chore during such a stressful time, but it's been so nice to check the blog each day to get updates. Carolyn, I can't wait to come visit you! I know you'll need a lot of rest and care. We'll all keep praying for a quicker than expected recovery so you can get back to school and back to doing all the things you love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so happy for you guys! hope all continues to go well our prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOORAY!!! That is the greatest news!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot begin to express how happy I am right now. Carolyn, I am SO happy you are home and okay. I have tears of joy right now!!! Oh Carolyn!!! I love you BUNCHES and BUNCHES of OATS!!!!! You are such a miracle!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise!! Praise!! Praise!! To the Lord for the blessings He bestows. Rest Carolyn and get strong again. You have much life to live!!! You have many missions to fulfill. Love you, KH (KPs Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY!!! I am so glad you are home! Continue to get better. Don't try to get back to "normal" too fast. Relax and take your time, so you don't over do it. My heart is so full of joy that you are well enough to go home. I have tears in my eyes as I think of this sweet miracle!

    Love,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH! Ahh! You're home! I am so so happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carolyn, I am so happy to turn on the PC and see that you have made it home. I was crying reading this blog. We love you so much and I've been praying for you and your family. Hugs and love
    Patricia and Lydia xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so wonderful, so great and a amazing! Again I am crying reading this, and it is tears of happines. You have all been trough so much, and to finally be able to brig her back home. I am so happy for all of you.
    I love you all, my Utah family :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great news Carolyn. Keep smiling. We love you. The cains Crosby UK

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carolyn,
    Wondrous news, you are home! We are so grateful and happy for you and your incredible family. President Ted and I send you our love and will continue to pray for you as you go through rehab. Be patient with yourself - you have had a difficult journey, but you will make the return trip with bells on :)! We love you! President and Sister Jacobsen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my dear dear friends, I am so very happy, and so very grateful to know that things are so much better. I have to tell you Val and Nancy, I cried lots this last week or so, but at least now they are tears of Joy. Carolyn, you are just incredable, but then I always knew you were. Our Heavenly Father is just so amazing. He hears all our prayers, as we know,but oh to know that He has healed you so fast is just another thing to make my testimony grow. I know you are tired, and your wonderful family will want some peaceful times with you, so i will keep it short. Well, this is the Irish version of Short.Know I love you all, May Father bless you in all that you need,Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Judds - Carolyn , what a miraculous recovery you have made. One of these days I am going to come visit you and your Mom. I know how happy you all are and know how grateful you all feel that you are home and getting better and stronger each day. Take care and just let everyone wait on you! Val, hope you are on the mend too. Love from the Jones Family - Nancy Jerry, etc.

    ReplyDelete