Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Do I Laugh or Cry? (I can't sleep so I'll Write)

Dear Friends (and you are all dear to me)

Its been a a few days since we posted so here is what happening.

Yesterday morning (Monday) I took Val to the hospital for outpatient procedure to remove the stint from his kidneys and 'blast' the kidney stones again so they can finally pass. The Dr. came out of surgery and said that his oxygen level dropped so low that they were having to give him more oxygen. (Between Carolyn and Val we have learned ALOT about the importance of oxygen levels to the body.) Val ended up being in recovery eight hours and the Dr. decided he should be admitted. Val and I thought it probably was because of his recent lung surgery (they had removed 1/3 of his right lung 3 weeks ago) and that it was just his body responding to this temporary jolting. But then the Dr. said it may be a blood clot. So he is in the hospital again. The Dr. made me laugh as he said I needed to be cloned so I could be at two places at once. Believe me I've felt the same way a good many times. Last night our dear Bishop and another dear Brother went and gave him a blessing and we know all will be well. I plan to pick him up after I get Carolyn to the Provo Hospital for speech and Occupational therapy this morning (Tuesday).

While at the hospital all day with Val, two dear friends took shifts to be with Carolyn while I was gone. Peggy came from 7am to noon and Mary came from noon to 5pm. They took her on 'walks' like they did in the hospital only this time outdoors. They also got her meals and made sure she did her breathing tubes etc. I did not have to worry about her at all as she was in good caring hands. Thank you dear friends.

Twice last week when I had to either take Val to a Dr.s appointment or be away from the hospital for a few hours another two friends stepped in to be there for me. Kathy, a friend of many years from Salt Lake drove down. As she entered Carolyns room she told me that she felt she was on 'sacred ground' like she felt when she entered the temple. It touched me deeply. And Wendy who came another time and was a major help in getting her out of her hospital bed and taking care of her physical needs. Thankyou sweet friends, thankyou. And thankyou to our precious daughters who have been there as a major strength to bouye us up and lift us helping to carry our burdens.

Carolyn is doing so well. She is improving more and more and getting stronger each day. They delivered a hospital bed to the house for her yesterday so that she can sleep at an angle and still be comfortable. After she got home last Friday her bed was brought downstairs thanks to the Talbots. But at night it was too flat (alot of coughing and discomfort) so she ended up sleeping in a recliner. Her neck and head really got twisted in the night. So during the day I would heat up this wonderful rice pack (thanks to the Greiners) and put it around her neck and it helps to relieve the neck discomfort. But now she is in the hospital bed and has slept well tonight. I've gotten up several times to check on her. I know Val is well at the hospital tonight too.

Thank you to the many who have brought meals, sent cards and well wishes. We feel of your love and compassion. My sincere gratitude for you all for your kind hearts and the goodness of your souls. May the Lords choicest blessings be yours. HE is there for all of us.

Nancy

8 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear you have a wonderful support group. You and all of your family continue to be in my prayers. May your heart continue to be at peace knowing He is carrying your load. Strength and healing are my wishes for you. I am thankful Carolyn is surrounded by such wonderful love. KH (KP's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are all in my thoughts and heart. I hope for both of them to recover soon, so you can have some rest Nancy! You are such a strong person, and I am so amazed of all your positiveness. You are a true rolemodell for all of us!

    Carolyn, I love you :) And I am so glad I have had the chance to chat with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolyn, so glad you are home now. Nancy, you are such a great mom and wife. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help as a ward. I know you are split between caring for the two, so if you need people to be one place or the other, or grocery shop, or whatever, let us know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it just amazes me the positive attitude you all have right now. It's truly a testimony in itself. My prayers are still with Mr. Judd and Carolyn. I'm glad you have a great circle of friends and help. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy, our prayers will continue to be with you all. Give your love to both Val and Carolyn. We love you very much and grateful for the blessing that you are.
    Pauline, Ezekiel and the Sanchez Tribe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy, you are absolutely amazing! I'm glad that you are able to get such great help. I'm also so very glad that Carolyn is getting better. I have a video for you to watch, Nancy, but I couldn't figure out how to post it on here. I don't know if you have access to Carolyn's facebook, but if you do look me up and it's on my page. It's called We Are Not Alone. I know that you already have a strong testimony of this, but I thought that this would bring you some comfort and peace. Keep being strong!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet Nancy - you have done so much for so many for so many years, finally people have the chance to do something for you... I wish I was there, too, and could help. I'll never forget you visiting me in the hospital in Provo when I was a student and mom and dad were so far away in Texas. You're a dear, and our prayers are with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nancy, et al....the Judd family has really been through the course! Wow, what strong people you all are. Hope both Carolyn and Val are improving every day. I need to figure out how to get down to see you. I am glad so many people in your ward and neighborhood have been helping you. You have helped so many yourself... God bless you all and take care...get some rest...

    Love, Nancy Jones

    ReplyDelete