Saturday, November 7, 2009

"While I was Sleeping"

To answer a few quesitons before I give DEEPEST gratitiutde for all the prayers and fasting.

1. I "woke" up techincally on Monday....I remember being cold and hearing an Native American guys voice...I seriously thought I was dreaming.
2. I'll have to appologizigze for all the typo, etc....I have to learn re-learn kind of many things over again....like typing on keyboard, walking(earlier this week), the week and to write.....not for good but bring back to remembrance. I couldn't make a phone call on Tuesaday.....I'd just look at the phone and think some how you can get out but i don't know what to push....
3. I don't rememember a thing but telling my mom the night of the Oct 24th that I couldn't breathe.
4. How much she loved her fmaiy back VERY much back.

Technically, I've been home for less then 24 hrs. I spent the week in hospital re-learning how to walk again without assignts and ALWAYS ''nurse'' with all the time....it's called ''one on one''......I've tired reading all the posts, etc..... if any of really good rfiends would tell you first off...''Carolyn doesn't blog" and I don't or didn't. My mom had to show me how to read this.....hehehe.....I don't sleep well at night....and this has been on my mind since my mom and sister, Karen, told me about on Tuesday. It's been a long week for me and I kept asking my what happeneded? Was I in car accident or something.......THANK YOU for the ICU unit I am quite literally a miracle and this I do remember. When my mother came to collect this afternoon. She took me to the ICU for me to re-meet all phyiscal hand in bring home. It was actually quite a scary experience to be there and to see where my family would camp out, etc.....(Ashley totally loving the new nailpolish very classy clour! Hope you left it herer some at mom and dad's)
AND like to thank you each of you all your posts and memories of me, your constent prayers and fasts. I did cry....loads. I'm not the only one out there though....today I met a lady and I think her son or brother....she said to me "hey, I remember you" you werein that room...and then she pointed to ICU room. I told her I was miracle for being alive. I praeyd for her and family and MANY MANY other things too. It's nice to have not thimk "Did ever make a differeence and wonder about my own life like George Bailey(that makes me sound pyscho......) but people do wonderf if you do make a difereence.....and no matter whoare.....YOU DO!!! Not only that but Heavenly Father VERY aware EACH of us personally. He does answer. For eacho gyou have left an imprint on my heart and famileis.

From Val and Nancy:
Carolyn wrote this yesterday after she had been home from the hospital for a few hours. She begins outpatient therapy next week to help with the restoration of her speech and neurological skills. We are told this will take several weeks, but we thought you would enjoy her first attempt of writing a note of thanks to you.

11 comments:

  1. Carolyn, everyone has a story - and everyone can make a difference. Thank you for sharing your story and thank your for making a difference in my life - and in many other lives. I've been reading your blog dilligently the past few weeks and feel blessed to see the faith, strength and testimony your family has shared with others.

    If you see a couple of missionairies in your area (one is Samoan and the other is a Texan)- say hi for me - I am a mom of the Texan. He is currently serving in the Alpine/Highland area.

    Again - thank you again for being an example to others. You give us strength and hope in the face of adversity. You are AMAZING!

    pj

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you Carolyn and I'm so glad and grateful to HF that you made it.
    You are so precious to me and Lydia. I promise to stay in touch more often. Hope you like your pressie currently on its way to you.
    Patricia and Lydia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolyn, you are doing great and you were a miracle even before this. Continue to work hard on healing and get plenty of rest. - To the rest of your family, we continue to pray for the health and strength as well. God's Blessings. KH(KP's Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carolyn,
    You are such a testimony through and through. Truly you are. I love you Bunches of Oats and am so glad you're doing better day by day. You will soon be all yourself again. :) I look forward to that day as I am sure you and we all do. Just keep growing and getting well. God has truly blessed us to still have you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I apologize that you have to "relearn" typing. It stinks bigtime the first time, let alone the second. We are hoping to visit you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) you are amazing and you will pick it all up fast! I must say you have an amazing family who loves you so much. I am so happy you are doing and feeling better. We think about you all the time and can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carolyn! You have nno idea how happy your post made me! I've been sick that last couple of days (nothing bad, just the flu) and taking care of my husband who's sick too, so I hadn't checked up on you since you'd been home. Reading your post and finding out that you were home brought me to tears. I am so glad that you've come through and are still doing well on your long recovery. Keep hanging in there. You are so strong and so amazing! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carolyn, we are so excited you are home! What a miracle. We love you and pray for you and your family each day. Even our little boys pray for "Carolyn". Last night we told our 5 year old, Cameron, that you came home from the hospital. He said "I know mom, Brother Tablet said that at church." He ment Brother Talbot. He wasn't too happy that we started laughing, but was so dang cute! Anyways we are so happy you are doing so well, that's awesome.
    Love the Rhodes

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know you don't know me, and I don't actually know you. I know you are blessed and you have a family that loves and cares for you deeply. I follow your healing progress each day and have prayed for you daily as well. I am elated that you are home and that you had the energy to type to us. Thank you so much.
    My heart has been touched by your journey.
    Love,
    Carin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Same here ! I don't know you, but I was waiting for you to write... and you did it. The Lord is faithful to all His promises.. I don't know where that is, but I am sure it's true.
    I am so happy that you are back home and catching up with your life. Hope your father will be better soon so you guys can have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
    Lots of love,
    Andrea (from San Diego)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!!! I don't know you (friend of Janae's), but I am very grateful for your courage and testimony!! I really enjoyed reading your post and it has reminded me how precious we all are. Thank you again for the testimony. We will pray for your continued recovery and for your dad's well-being.

    ReplyDelete