Monday, November 30, 2009

Howdy Ho Rangers!!!

Hey there friends-


It's been a while so I thought I'd update you with how I am doing. I started my "brain" therapy a few weeks ago. When I first started I would get major headaches but as I've progressed the headaches are calming down. I feel like my mind is a rubber-band that is being stretched. I've been in 3 different types of therapy and will be starting phyiscal therapy for my strength.(I have a wee bit hard time opening bottles, carrying heavy loads, etc). One therapy that I've been in is Speech therapy. This type of therapy really gave me headaches at first! I'm working on my listening and attention skills for when I return to school. I go through many different types of exercises, like: I have to listen for specific words that belong together and then ring a buzzer when they do belong together....it might sound easy but it isn't at all. I've progressed extremely fast and my speech therapist thinks I won't have much longer before he releases me. I still get headaches when I've done to much thinking and other activities.

My 2nd type of therapy is Occupational therapy. We've been working on my typing, writing, and multi-tasking skills. At first I was whizzing through all my quizes and activities. Then, Jessica and I found a weak spot. So we're working on being able to sustain my divided attention. She too thinks that she'll be able to discharge me as well. I started with a Neuropsychologist a week ago. It's been most helpful being able to talk out my different struggles. Dr. N/A is also helping me with releasing my mind so I can sleep. It's been hard for me to be patient with my body and self because I want to get back to my busy routine and schedule. All 3 of my therapists think taking a couple of online courses will really help me and I'll be able to go my own pace.

2 comments: