Thursday, December 24, 2009

More for myself....

In so many ways I've wanted to get out pieces of paper and write thank yous' but it doesn't seem enough. I'm now seeing a neurological therapist for my post dramaic stress syndrom. I've had time(about a month and half) to really put pieces together of what really happened to me. So here I go from what I remember. (this is more for me, for me to remember, so I'm sorry if it's bad writing.)
I got sick, first with Phenumonia. I had a doctors note for me; not to go to school. It was hard because it's not just school it's university and things just aren't that simple. I was falling behind in my courses. Getting stressed on what to do and things I couldn't do. I went back to my doctor. I was getting better then something happened and that all changed. Mom and I, one day went to the Provo emerencgy room. I named all my symptoms right then and there. The doctor told me he knew what I had, H1N1, the swine flu. I didn't believe him. They took the 24 hr saline test and it came out positive(funny because a week earlier at my regular dr they swabbed my throat and all that jazz-negitive) I couldn't take any medication for my H1N1 because I had had it for too long.
I moved back home. Not for good just till I knocked this horrible influeniza.

Friday 23 Oct. 2009 - Dad, mom and I sat on the couches all day because all of us were sick, watching episodes of Gilmore Girls. It got dark and my breathing became harder. Mom took me down to the emerengy room. I didn't stay there for very long before my mom got a call from dr. curtis our dr and said that I was being moved to ICU. I didn't know what was going on or why my mother was crying. They put the IV in me. My brother in-laws, Lloyd and Marc came down and gave me a blessing. I could see Karen outside the glass windows with my mom...I feel asleep.
(nov. 2, 2009, monday)Waking up cold hearing voices...I kept asking my mom "was I in a car accident?" "no honey you are very sick" over and over agian this conversation lasted with the same question and the same answer. I couldn't walk by myself nor stand for to long without getting tired quickly and fast. I woke one morning in the hospital(the day after I really woke up) thinking "why am i here?" I wanted my mom. I wanted her there to comfort me and say it would be okay. I remember she said she would come but when....one minute seemed like an eternity to me. I picked up the phone. I have to dail 9 to get out but what do I do then....I'd think and think of the number remembering, there are double digits at the end....I'd start pushing buttons, then my mind couldn't remember what to do or what to push next. 9-367 or was it 362.....1388.....I couldn't remember.
A women came into my room. She did all these tests with me. Read me a story and then asked me to repeat it to her, "trying using the same words I did" I couldn't. She gave me a piece of paper with a drawing on it. "draw this image for me?" it was easy a triangle and a square. I'd put the pencil to the paper but I couldn't think of how to do it. I couldn't draw it. Day after day I was getting better and better. Stronger and stronger. I wanted to go home. I couldn't sleep at night in the hospital. One day while I was walking with one of my nurses it hit me that I had forgotten my good friends birthday, my niece birthday and halloween. It was getting dark at 5 in the afternoon.
Friday, Nov 6. 2009- Dr. alward said I could go home. It was truly a miracle how fast my mind was developing again. I still got tired easily walking but I could walk by myself for a bit before needing help. I was putting pieces of things in my mind together slowly.

To some it may seem that nothing happened to me. For me at times it feels that way. I know it did though. Was I suppose to go or stay? I know that because of all the prayers and fasting for me from people I love all over the world I am here today. Thank you!.....but it just saying that doesn't seem enough.... but thank you and bless you!!!

I might add to this with different memories that come back to me. Keep going Carolyn!

7 comments:

  1. glad to see you are journaling everything. Love you kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carolyn,

    I am so glad to see that you are blogging again! Just a little update about myself, I am the person from Oregon, one of the many people that was posting to you and your family and praying while you were so sick. Since my last post, your sister Ashley has emailed me. We've also talked acouple times on the phone. She is such a sweetie, it sounds like you have an amazing family! She has kept me up to date on how you're doing. I am so glad to hear that your memory is starting to come back, and you're feeling better. Everything takes time - please don't ever give up! I would love to hear from you sometime, Ashley has my phone number or you can email me at kathyp_22@yahoo.com. Continuing to keep you in my thoughts and prayers...

    Kathy Prine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Silly me, in my message to you last night I forgot to wish you a belated Merry Christmas and a Happy Most Definitely Healthy New Year!
    I wish you the very best Carolyn!

    Your friend from Oregon
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. A couple weeks ago I taught a lesson to my sunday school class (3-5 yr olds) about fasting and I told them the story of you. I meant to bring the picture of us right before the christmas show (taken in the double-decker bus) but I forgot it at home! So then I just tried to draw that picture of us on the chalk board, but then all the kids just wanted to talk about chip and dale... but I think they got the message :) hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad you are improving. Just remember that things take time. love you, carolyn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are so proud of you Carolyn. We wish a most wonderful, healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete